Online Sports betting is the trend. No wonder that more and more betting providers are bustling around on the Online betting market. There are now more than 100 Online Sportsbooks. So that you don’t lose track of things in this jungle, we have created this Page.
In our betting provider comparison, Gambletroll’s team of proven betting experts regularly tests all major betting sites according to various quality criteria. So you can see at a glance whether a sports betting provider suits you or not.
Best Sports Betting Providers
Nowadays there is an almost unlimited selection of Online Sportsbooks on the Internet. The decision is of course difficult – just like answering the question of which sports betting provider really has the best offer for you. On Gambletroll.com we have therefore subjected the best bookmakers in the World to a large comparison. Have fun with our sports betting provider test!
But in order to not only name the numbers, we have clarified the percentages here again in words:
|9,5 – 10||excellent|
|9 – 9,4||outstanding|
|8,5 – 8,9||very good|
|8,0 – 8,4||good|
|7,5 – 7,9||good midfield|
|65 – 74||midfield|
|6,0 – 6,4||weak midfield|
This is how our sports betting provider test works
- All providers on the pages of Gambletroll.com have a high level of security and reliability
- In principle, we only test those betting companies and Online Casinos that have long-term experience and an excellent reputation in the betting industry.
- New betting shops first have to prove themselves on the market for a while before our test editorial team takes them into account.
Quality features of a good sports betting site
Regardless of the huge number of betting providers these days, we first had to separate the wheat from the chaff based on certain criteria. We have taken the following criteria into account:
- Licensing (Which gaming license does the respective portal have? Does it even have one?)
- Customer service (how does the site deal with its customers, how good is the availability?)
- Deposits and withdrawals (how many and what options are there to deposit and withdraw your money?)
- Proof of identity (does the sports betting site I trust try to make everything as serious as possible?)
- Betting offer and betting odds (How deep / wide is the betting offer, are the odds good and stable?)
- Betting bonus (which new customer bonus and which betting bonuses do the providers offer? Are the offers worthwhile?)
- The company in the background (which company is behind the pages? Is it even listed on the stock exchange?)
- The app (How user-friendly and easy to use is the associated app? Is there one at all?)
Advantages of online betting compared to traditional betting
It is not without reason that online bets are gaining more and more popularity compared to traditional bets in betting shops.
Online Sportsbooks various advantages over traditional betting:
- Online bets can be placed from anywhere
- There is a convenient choice from a wide variety of online betting providers
- The range of bets available is superior
- Online bookmakers grant attractive bonus offers
- Live bets can be placed without waiting and any delays
- Bets can be placed around the clock and are not linked to opening times
- You can place your betting tip comfortably and with a short investment of time.
10 test categories in the sports betting comparison
With our proven test procedure, we check every provider in the ten most important categories that are relevant for the evaluation of bets on the Internet.
The results achieved in each case from the individual test areas are added up and at the end result in the overall result for the test candidate in question and the associated placement in the ranking of the best betting sites.
We test these 10 categories individually and independently of one another:
- Betting odds
- Betting offer
- Live betting
- Customer service
- Betting account deposits
- Betting account payouts
- Website service
- Website loading time
- New customer betting bonus
- Security and seriousness
With this transparent approach, we offer the basis for a meaningful comparison of the best online sports betting portals currently available on the market!
Some test areas are extremely extensive and cannot be covered completely and comprehensively in one report.
For example, we have tested the betting offers of the providers with regard to the individual sports and created our own experience reports for football bets, tennis bets, eSports bets, live bets, etc.
Sports betting provider comparison by size
|Paddypower||12 billion euros||880 million euros||4 million customers approx. 2,400 employees|
|William Hill||8.5 billion euros||712 million euros||3.5 million customers approx. 2,500 employees|
|Betfair||10 billion euros||660 million euros||3 million customers approx. 1,800 employees|
|Bwin||6 billion euros||610 million euros||more than 5 million customers approx. 2,700 employees|
|Unibet||5 billion euros||430 million euros||more than million customers approx. 900 employees|
Online Sportsbooks without registration: A brand new trend
For some time now there have also been Online Sportsbooks where you can place tips without registering. This works thanks to the Swedish payment service provider Trustly, which automatically compares your data when you make your first deposit.
As a rule, you save not only the registration, but also the verification process. In addition, betting providers score points with quick payouts without registration.
Admittedly, there are currently only a few providers that could be described as Pay’n Play Bookies. These include, for example, Fastbet and Online Casinos with Sports Betting.
How many years has there been online sports betting?
Sports betting on the internet is almost as old as the internet itself. The betting industry was one of the first to use the Internet professionally as a sales channel in the 1990s, making it one of the first branches of business to use this new medium.
The absolute pioneer on the Internet from the bookmakers in the major sports betting test was Interwetten. The betting provider from Austria started working on its website as early as 1996 and went online with the Interwetten website as early as 1997.
Not long afterwards the first betting slip was handed in online, a joy for all those who already had internet access at that time!
In the table below we show when exactly the websites of the providers found their way onto the Internet:
|1998||Ladbrokes, Sportingbet, Betvictor|
|Since 2010||ComeOn, XTip, Bethard, Mobilebet, Sunmaker, Betfair, Betway, Stake, 20Bet …|
What do you have to do to top up your betting credit without any expenses?
In order for you to be able to place sports bets on the Internet, you must top up your betting account with the appropriate credit after it has been set up. The betting providers now offer you a range of different payment options for this. What should you pay particular attention to here?
In general, you should ask yourself how long you can wait for the betting credit. If you want the deposit amount to be credited directly to your betting account, then you should opt for payment methods such as credit cards, prepaid cards, Paysafecard, instant transfers or wallets such as PayPal.
These payment methods have the advantage, as mentioned above, that the deposited amount is immediately credited to your betting account and you can then use it directly for any bet. Small disadvantage: some bookmakers charge fees or expenses for these payment options.
With most of the tested betting providers these payment methods are available to you:
- Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro)
- Bank Transfer
- Instant bank transfer
- Skrill (previously Moneybookers)
This blog really helped me for the information I needed. Thanks a lot.